Wednesday, December 4, 2013

From the Poets of Perryville

Thank You to those high-flying Eagles for sending us some very enjoyable poems. We loved them here, and wanted to share them with you (a few at a time).

The Hairy Man Awakens
by Roy Shangin

On one fall night along the road,
I saw a creature with a plan,
A guy named the Hairy Man.
As the moon lit up the sky,
Without a care in the world,
This dark shadow followed me by,
With bear-like feet,
Moved quick like the wind,
A horse's mane with devil eyes,
Heavy and brown.
I am running for my life,
Hairy man not far behind,
screeching like a girl
Who just got new shoes.
Bolting through the path on the grass,
I try to find my new phone,
A wild goose chase near the shore.
My feet soaked, salty from seawater
drowning my sneakers.
The screaming hairy man,
wearing neon pink shoes,
Like my teacher with her bright colored hoodie.

Then Ka-boom!
the alarm woke me,
sounding like my mother shouting get up.
I feel wet and sweaty in the bed,
"What a dream!"
I said to Ted.


Bigfoot
by Nathan Yagie

Every time he sees a chair,
He thinks of cutting his hair.
When he catches a fish,
He can't find a dish.
When he wants to flex,
He thinks of a T-Rex.
When he sees a shark,
He wants to bark.
When he is on a table,
He is able to play fable.
If he sees a flower,
He thinks he has the power.
When he sees a bass,
He wants to trap it in a glass.

What a silly Bigfoot that I ever did see,
I swear he couldn't harm a flea.


Hairy Man
by Isaac Washington

When Hairy Man hears someone say green,
he thinks about a bean.
When he sees a shark,
he goes into the dark.
And if he walks in the barn,
he finds a line of yarn.
And if he tastes something sour,
he feels the power!


No comments:

Post a Comment