Friday, February 20, 2015

Team Awesomeness
by Obadiah Oakley

Keil, Walt, Ella and Aiden are the 3rd and 4th Battle of the Books team. Keilan is the thinker. Aiden is the alternate. Ella is the writer. Walt is the speaker. They read 15 books then they go on Skype and answer questions such as, “In which book does a character hate to throw away a moldy fish stick?” One team answers, then the other. Whoever answers the most questions correctly wins. On Wednesday, February 18, Team Awesomeness went to state and tied for 7th place in the whole state. Battling lasted from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Team member Keilan Wassillie said, “It was awesome! We got to do lots of fun stuff like reading funny books.”  “There was lots of tension,” says Walt Gooden, “Each time a question was asked, I started to sweat!” After the battles, team coach AlexAnna Salmon said she was relieved and proud. All the students will do it again next year.

4 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Garrett Olsen, I am a student from Haumoana School. I am really excited to learn about you when you come. I hope all is well. From Garrett Olsen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Garrett Olsen, I am a student from Haumoana School. I am really excited to learn about you when you come. I hope all is well. From Garrett Olsen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Garrett, And I am a student from Haumoana School. I am really excited to learn about you and your culture. From Garrett.

    ReplyDelete