Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Keilan and Fish Eggs

This is Keilan! I'm five years old and I'm a rockstar in Kindergarten.
Me eating a corndog at Halloween.
 Our salmon eggs got here today and now they're in the tank. Josh flies a big white airplane for Dena'ina Air Taxi. He brought our eggs to us in a box. The eggs were wrapped in a cheese cloth and then another piece of cloth. I think it was burlap. We took 'em out of the box and had to hold 'em in the water so they could acclimate to the water in the tank. That means they had to get used to the water. We did that for ten minutes. After that we put them in a basket and put the basket in the water. We let them stay in there and we watch 'em. They're gonna hatch, but we don't know when.

Salmon eggs in a box.

Andrew opening the box.

Jolynn holding the bag to acclimate the eggs.

The fish eggs!

Fish eggs in the tank.

  Clockwise from front left: Blaise, Jolynn, Kaleb, me, Dolly, Benise, Aiden, Kiara, Kaylee and Caleb


We're doing math right now. We do math papers. I'm practicing counting. I'm good at counting but I always skip fifteen.

Goodbye!

1 comment: